Burning Candle May be to Blame for Finley House Fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Burning Candle May be to Blame for Finley House Fire

Posted: Updated:
FINLEY, WA - Benton County Firefighters say a family is now without a home after high winds fueled a house fire Monday. 

Firefighters say the fire along Finley Road may have started from a candle left burning in a back bedroom. 

The family inside smelled smoke and got out OK, but they lost a small dog in the fire. 

Firefighters say the fire caused a lot of damage throughout the home. 

The Red Cross has stepped in to help the four adults and five kids that live there. 

Firefighters are still investigating.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/