Kennewick House Fire Believed to Have Started from Heat Lamp & P - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kennewick House Fire Believed to Have Started from Heat Lamp & Portable Heater

Posted: Updated:
KENNEWICK, WA - Kennewick Firefighters say the believe a house fire Wednesday afternoon was started by an electric heat lamp and portable heater being used for an animal shelter on the porch.


Kennewick police shut down West Canal drive between Edison street and Volland while fire crews worked to put it out.

Firefighters say the homeowner smelled smoke and noticed his porch on fire.

The fire destroyed more than half of the small 800 sq. foot home. 

The Red Cross is now helping him out, but his seven cats are still missing. 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/