Firefighters Investigating Duplex Fire in Kennewick - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Firefighters Investigating Duplex Fire in Kennewick

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters are investigating a fire on South Conway Place in Kennewick. Firefighters are investigating a fire on South Conway Place in Kennewick.
KENNEWICK, Wash. - Deputy Fire Marshall Joe Terpenning says firefighters are investigating after a fire broke out at a duplex on South Conway Place on Monday morning.

Terpenning says they responded to a call about a structure fire at about 7:15 a.m. When crews got to the scene, they were told a woman in a wheel chair was still inside one of the units. They were able to get the her out and she was treated for minor smoke inhalation. Terppening says the family that lives in the unit where the fire began was not home at the time. 

When crews got inside, Terpenning says they found that the fire had started inside a bedroom. Firefighters haven't confirmed how the fire started but one person who lives in the duplex told firefighters that the baseboard heater in the bedroom was recently replaced. Firefighters say the wiring and area around the base board heater is heavily damaged. 

Dori Roberson says her daughter and two grandkids who live in the other unit of the building lost everything in the fire. A donation account has been set up at Hapo Community Credit Union under the name Jadyn Roberson and account number 2936020.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/