Smoke Alarm Alerts 13 Year Old Boy of House Fire in Toppenish - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Smoke Alarm Alerts 13 Year Old Boy of House Fire in Toppenish

Posted: Updated:
TOPPENISH, WA - Firefighters in Toppenish say a 13 year old boy helped get his three other brothers out of a house when he noticed the dryer was on fire. 

Firefighters say the boy was alerted by the fire alarm going off and found the fire in the laundry room around 7 a.m. Wednesday at their house in the 200 Block of Robart Lane. 

Crews were able to contain the fire to the back of the house, but say the utility room, a bathroom and the attic have extensive fire damage and the rest of the house has smoke and heat damage. 

The parents were at work at the time of the fire. 

The brothers ages 4, 8, 13 and 14 were all able to get out OK. 

The family is now staying with relatives.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/