Kitchen Fire Causes Texas Roadhouse to Close - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kitchen Fire Causes Texas Roadhouse to Close

Posted: Updated:
The fire was contained to the kitchen. The fire was contained to the kitchen.
KENNEWICK, WA- Customers were turned away from Texas Roadhouse Saturday evening after a small kitchen fire broke out.

A small grease fire broke out in Texas Roadhouse's kitchen.  The fire burnt one of the fans on the system and caused the extinguisher to deploy in the kitchen and all over the food they were preparing.

The Kennewick Fire Department said in these types of situations, the restaurant has to close down for clean up and inspections.

"Restaurants close when a system is discharged because of all the chemical that's on the food.  They need to clean it up, have the health department come out and check to make sure everything's cleaned properly and then have the system recharged.  Then they can open up for operation," said Battalion Chief Kevin Crowley, Kennewick Fire Department.

There were no injuries and all the workers and guests made it out safely.  The fire department said it is not common for them to receive a lot of these types of calls.

The restaurant was closed for the rest of the night, but they expected to open back up sometime Sunday.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/