Guests Evacuated After Small Fire in the Kennewick Suites Hotel - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Guests Evacuated After Small Fire in the Kennewick Suites Hotel

Posted: Updated:
The fire was caused by electrical problems. The fire was caused by electrical problems.

KENNEWICK, WA- A few guests and hotel workers evacuated the Kennewick Suites Monday after a small fire started just before noon.

Firefighters said the fire started after some electrical work was being done.  The inside of the wall caught on fire in the laundry room and crews knocked through that wall to get to the fire.  

Only the laundry room was damaged, while there were reports of smoke going up to the second and third floors.

One guest inside said he did not exactly know what was happening at the time, but wanted to get out as soon as possible. 

"We were just in there.  Me and partner were in there making phone calls. We're out here from Seattle.  Suddenly the fire alarm went off so we just grabbed our laptop and the stuff we needed for work and we just ran out," said Daniel Souza, hotel guest. 

Guests were let back in to their rooms a short time later.  No one got hurt.
 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/