Two Men Arrested During a Traffic Stop After Running From Police - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Two Men Arrested During a Traffic Stop After Running From Police in Terrace Heights

Posted: Updated:
Two arrested after threatening police during traffic stop. Two arrested after threatening police during traffic stop.

YAKIMA, WA - Deputies pulled over a car for speeding in a school zone near the 7/11 on terrace heights drive in Yakima.

Two of the three men in the car made a run for it... Officers went on foot to catch them.

Deputies chased one of the men for almost a block before they caught and tased him. He made mention of a gun in the car and a possible shootout with officers..

The local schools were put into lock down and the suspect at large was located near Polly Lane and S. 40th St after a citizen pointed him out and was detained without incident.

"There was mention that one of the occupants of the vehicle had a gun. He was going to shoot it out with police. We located both of those subjects and they were taken into custody without any further incident." Says Ed Levesque of the Yakima County sheriff's department

The suspect's was found in a backpack and was revealed to be only an airsoft gun. The backpack also contained Marijuana and some methamphetamine. One of the men was charged with possession with the intent to sell.

Officers found that the car was stolen when discovering the license plates had been switched.

The other suspect was arrested and charged with Theft of a Motor Vehicle.


TERRACE HEIGHTS, WA - Officers said a man threatened to shoot deputies after being stopped for speeding in a school zone.

The incident happened near the intersection of Terrace Heights Drive. and 40th St.

There were three men were in the car and the driver and passenger tried to run away, one threatened a deputy saying there was a gun in the car.

Deputies ended up tasing the driver. Officers called in an ambulance for the tased driver but was released back into custody.

Deputies searched the car and found an airsoft gun and narcotics.

The two men who ran were arrested and the third person,who stayed in the car, was released.