Fire Damages Apartment Building in Pasco - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire Damages Apartment Building in Pasco

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, WA - Pasco Firefighters are investigating after a fire damaged part of an apartment building Monday evening.

The fire started around 4:00 p.m. in an upstairs unit on the 2100 block of W. Jay Street.

Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the eaves of the building at the Pine Crest Apartments.

They were able to get the fire out in about 20 minutes but not before destroying at least one unit and damaging several others.

The maintenance director who was working at the Avalon Rehabilitation Center next door to the apartments ran over to help an elderly lady with a walker get out of the unit below.

"I just don't know, it was just an instinct thing. People were in there. I just wanted to see if I could help. I hope somebody would help me if something like that happened," says Amal Velicanin. 

Firefighters say there were no injuries and the Red Cross is now helping those affected by the fire.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Tri-CitiesTri-Cities NewsMore>>

  • Kennewick man finds coyote pup in his kitchen

    Kennewick man finds coyote pup in his kitchen

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 9:15 PM EDT2018-06-20 01:15:19 GMT
    Courtesy: Kennewick Police DepartmentCourtesy: Kennewick Police Department

    A Kennewick man got quite the shock Monday night when he found a startled coyote pup cowering in his house. 

    More >>

    A Kennewick man got quite the shock Monday night when he found a startled coyote pup cowering in his house. 

    More >>
  • 9th annual Tri-Cities Geocoin Challenge

    9th annual Tri-Cities Geocoin Challenge

    Monday, June 18 2018 8:28 PM EDT2018-06-19 00:28:14 GMT

    The 9th annual Tri-Cities Geocoin Challenge begins Thursday, June 21 through June 24.  

    More >>

    The 9th annual Tri-Cities Geocoin Challenge begins Thursday, June 21 through June 24.  

    More >>
  • Odors reported in 242-A pump storage room

    Odors reported in 242-A pump storage room

    Monday, June 18 2018 6:16 PM EDT2018-06-18 22:16:22 GMT

    Two Hanford workers were released back to work after undergoing medical evaluation Friday for odors reported in the 242-A pump storage room airlock. 

    More >>

    Two Hanford workers were released back to work after undergoing medical evaluation Friday for odors reported in the 242-A pump storage room airlock. 

    More >>