Fire displaces four in Yakima - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire displaces four in Yakima

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, WA - The Red Cross is helping four people who've lost their home in a fire. It started in the basement of the home on the 900 Block of Hanraty Drive in Yakima just after 9:00 Sunday night.

According to a press release from the Yakima Fire Department, the house has a lot of smoke and electrical damage. Firefighters had to shut down power and gas to the home so they could safely get it under control 

Everyone got out of the home but medics evaluated one person. After being evaluated, they decided not to be transported to the hospital 

Investigators are still trying to figure out exactly what started it but say it started in a bedroom in the basement.

Officials say the fire caused about $50,000 in damage.  

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Yakima NewsYakima News TodayMore>>

  • Remembering those who served

    Remembering those who served

    Monday, November 12 2018 9:35 PM EST2018-11-13 02:35:19 GMT

    One local man remembers his father and all his service to the country.

    More >>

    One local man remembers his father and all his service to the country.

    More >>
  • Yakima PD spokesman on leave for alleged road rage incident

    Yakima PD spokesman on leave for alleged road rage incident

    Monday, November 12 2018 3:54 PM EST2018-11-12 20:54:31 GMT

    Authorities say the spokesman of the Yakima Police Department has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

    More >>

    Authorities say the spokesman of the Yakima Police Department has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

    More >>
  • Garage destroyed in morning Grandview fire

    Garage destroyed in morning Grandview fire

    Monday, November 12 2018 3:48 PM EST2018-11-12 20:48:30 GMT

    An early morning fire in Grandview Monday morning damaged the garage of a home but luckily didn't spread to the house. 

    More >>

    An early morning fire in Grandview Monday morning damaged the garage of a home but luckily didn't spread to the house. 

    More >>