Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Safety Tips - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Safety Tips

YAKIMA, Wa -  The Yakima Fire Department says carbon monoxide poisoning can be difficult to detect until it's too late because if there is no smoke, a smoke detector won't pick it up.

If you want to protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning, they recommend buying a carbon monoxide detector first and foremost.  It costs between $20 and $50 dollars.

They also say to check household appliances and chimney flues once a year.

And recognize the symptoms.  You suddenly start feeling badly.  You feel fatigued.  You start experiencing muscle pain.        

HD DOPPLER 6i
/