KENNEWICK, Wash. - Benton County PUD said an owl is to blame for the lights going out in Kennewick last night.
Representatives said the owl caused the shortage when it landed on electrical lines near the East Canyon Lakes Area.
Authorities said about 1,300 homes lost power for almost two hours.
The owl was electrocuted and died.
Benton county PUD said they used to have problems with squirrels and birds getting to the wires but for the past four years measures have been taken to prevent these types of shortages from happening.