Web Site Owner of Stadium Bomb Threats Speaks Out
YAKIMA, Wash. - Seattle Police said on Wednesday night that the bomb threat on Qwest Field isn't credible.
The owner of the Web site, Keegan Martin, spoke out about how it got on his site on Wednesday. But he isn't in trouble. Anyone in the world can post anything on the site.
Martin still doesn't know who posted the threatening message. He said that the site was off-line on Wednesday morning, even before he had a chance to see the posting.
Martin also said he has no administrative control over the server that hosts the site.
"If it's a joke, it's not a very smart idea to post a joke like that, but I don't really know what's going on," he said.
No government or law enforcement officials have contacted him directly. As of Wednesday night, the site remains down.
Besides the Battle in Seattle between the Central Washington and Western Washington football teams on Saturday, the Seattle Seahawks hit the field against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
As of Wednesday night, Qwest Field officials said that both events are still on tap.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Homeland Security Department alerted authorities in Seattle and six other NFL cities to the reported threat that football stadiums will be hit this weekend with radiological dirty bombs.
The Web site post was titled, "New Attack on America Be Afraid."