Van Fire in Pasco - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Van Fire in Pasco

Posted: Updated:

A van caught fire off of 19th and Nixon in Pasco after firefighters say the owner was cooking food inside. That man was taken to Lourdes Medical Center and treated for injures from the fire.

Crews arrived on the scene six minutes after the call but the van was already gutted. The road was closed for nearly an hour while the fire was put out.

Investigators did not know whether the owner was living out of the van but say he did have a working camp stove inside it.