Funds for Veteran Memorials - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Funds for Veteran Memorials

Posted: Updated:

WASHINGTON - There are state funds available to help veteran memorials and the Governor's Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee is accepting proposals.

Money for the projects comes from the Veterans Remembrance Emblem Fund.  The Emblem Fund permits eligible veterans to purchase and display approved decals on their vehicle license plates through the Department of Licensing, with net fees being deposited in a special account held by the state treasurer.

To request proposal requirements or get more information contact April Harris with the Department of Veteran Affairs at 360-725-2167 or