A turkey fryer nearly lights a house on fire and the owner is just grateful he still has his house in tact. Bruce, who didn't want to give out his last name had the fryer going on his porch.
Cooking a chicken for his family, he says he turned the fryer off after the chicken was done. A few minutes later his children told him the fryer was on fire. He walked outside, only to find flames almost touching the roof.
Bruce said, "I wouldn't buy any of these deep fryers again because their too dangerous and you have to watch them all the time."
Richland Firefighters say the fryers can be dangerous. They encourage people to put the fryers on level ground, to keep them outside and away from houses, and to watch the temperature level. They say a temperature over 375 degrees could cause the oil to ignite.