YAKIMA, Wa - Firefighters respond to two fires in one day at the same house on the 400 block South 1st Street in Selah.
The first fire happened at about two this morning.
Firefighters say bad wiring caused a fire in the attic.
They thought it was completely out, but this afternoon the family at the house reported smoke in the living room.
"This house was built in 1902," says Jim Martin, Batalion Chief of the Selah Fire Department, "The walls are 18 inches thick. The Fire got through the wall into the living room and into a bookcase. So we're removing the bookcase and making sure everything is out of there."
Martin says no one was hurt in the fire.
The people who lived there are now staying with other family members.
The fire caused about $25 thousand dollars in damage.