Richland Apartment Fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Richland Apartment Fire

RICHLAND, Wash. - Firefighters said an unattended stove caused a fire at a Richland apartment complex. 

Residents were quickly evacuated.  It happened at the Orchard Hills complex on Leslie Road in Richland at 1 o'clock Sunday afternoon.

Richland and Kennewick Fire Departments responded to the blaze.  A man realized there was a fire after his smoke detector started going off.  Firefighters said he was prepared. 

Richland Chief John Boardman said, "Because the smoke detector and the man had a clear mind to use it and exit the building it keep the fire small and the fire department was able to come and keep the fire small."

Firefighters said there was damage to the kitchen and attic sections of the apartment.  No one was hurt.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/