Plastic toy starts fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Plastic toy starts fire

UNION GAP, Wash -- A plastic toy started a house fire in Union Gap Sunday. The fire happened in the 600 block of Pioneer Street just after 11 a.m.

The homeowner tried to warm a plastic toy for her daughter in the oven, setting the toy ablaze. She tried to put out the fire, but was unsuccessful, and had to call 911.

When firefighters arrived, black smoke was pouring from the house.

They put out the fire, and treated the home owner for smoke inhalation.

 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/