Kitchen Fire in Benton City - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kitchen Fire in Benton City

BENTON CITY, Wash. --  A fire destroys part of a Benton City home. The family is lucky to be alive, but the fire leaves firefighters searching for answers.

Firefighters say the fire probably started on the stove but they are still investigating. They say it is lucky that the family of this house on the 100 block of 12th Street wasn't home. The kitchen was totally destroyed and a pet parrot was killed. Firefighters say the homeowner had just redone his electrical system and had tried to do everything right.

Benton County Fire District Two responded and put out the flames at about four this afternoon.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/