Space Heater caused Ellensburg Fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Space Heater caused Ellensburg Fire

Posted: Updated:

Ellensburg, WA - Investigators now know what caused the fire that destroyed the downtown Darigold building in Ellensburg earlier this week. Fire Marshall Joe Seemiller says a space heater left on a sofa started the fire.  Seemiller says a renter was using the heater while he prepared for a garage sale monday night.  Six businesses were destroyed in that fire, that burned for over ten hours.