Space heater caused fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Space heater caused fire

Posted: Updated:

ELLENSBURG, Wash -- Firefighters say they now know what caused the fire at the Darigold building in Ellensburg.  

Investigators believe a portable space heater -- left on a couch -- caused the fire. They aren't sure whether it malfunctioned -- so it will now be sent to a lab.

Tuesday's fire destroyed the historic building and several businesses that called it home. Some of those business owners did not have insurance.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/