Woman Says She Found Wood in Her McDonald's SaladPosted: Updated:
SELAH, Wash.- A woman is upset with a McDonald's restaurant in Selah. She claims she found something other than food inside her salad.
Jennifer Quinn says she bought a salad at the Mcdonald's in Selah on Saturday afternoon. She says at first glance it looked like a perfectly normal salad, but a couple bites in, she spit her food out.
Quinn says she found pieces of wood in her bacon ranch salad. That was Saturday afternoon, and on Sunday Quinn says she woke up in pain. She says she went to a clinic in Yakima and doctors told her she was having an allergic reaction. Quinn says she called McDonald's in Selah and says management there didn't act like they cared. Quinn says she's still waiting for a call back from the management office.
"What really upset me is that the manager I talked to told me to call someone else, the management office. She gave me the number to call, I couldn't believe it. And sure enough I called, and no one answered," said Quinn.
Quinn did get ahold of the FDA and they told her to call Yakima County Health. Now she's hoping they can help her find some answers.
"I'm hoping the health department will come take this (salad) from me- and take it to a lab and figure out what I ingested," Quinn said.
KNDO did talk with a manager from the McDonald's in Selah Monday afternoon. We were told to call the management office in Yakima. We left a message at the management office. They have not returned our call yet.