Kennewick Mobile Home Fire Sparks Crack Down on Substandard Housing - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kennewick Mobile Home Fire Sparks Crack Down on Substandard Housing

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash. - A fire at a mobile home in Kennewick has sparked a crack down on substandard living throughout the city.

Flames torn through home in the Columbia Mobile Village just off Clearwater Avenue Monday night.

Kennewick Fire Marshal Mark Yaden said they have not officially determined what caused Mondays fire, however the fire department believes that a generator might be to blame.

Fire investigators said the generator was being shared between two adjacent mobile homes.  Yaden said that was extremely dangerous for the people living in the homes, along with their neighbors and firefighters that responded to the blaze.

When fire investigators went to the scene Tuesday they said they found more dangerous problems and other violations.

Now police, firefighters, building inspectors and the city attorney's office will be actively pursuing substandard living conditions throughout Kennewick.

They are concerned about what they found and think there are more dangerous places.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/