Volunteers Brave Rain to Aid Children - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Volunteers Brave Rain to Aid Children

Tri-Cities --  For six hours Tuesday, volunteers working for Catholic Child and Family Services braved the weather, hoping to raise as much as 27-thousand dollars for programs designed to help needy kids in the Tri-Cities.

Kids Day is an annual event put on by the charity in conjunction with local media.  Volunteers sell the local newspaper on street corners, for a dollar apiece.  Catholic Child and Familly Services receives 75 percent of the proceeds.  The other 25 percent remains with the newspaper.

Heavy downpours in the early morning hours did not stop Kids Day from taking place, and sunshine in the afternoon came as welcome relief.  The volunteers were on street corners in Pasco, Richland, and Kennewick from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. Tuesday.

The goal was to sell 37 thousand papers, which would net the charity 27 thousand 750 dollars.

 

 

 

 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/