A Man Has Close Call in a Motor Home Fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

A Man Has Close Call in a Motor Home Fire

Posted: Updated:

Moxee, WA -  A man suffers burns in a motor home fire in Moxee.

East Valley firefighters received a call just after 11-am this morning.

The fire happened at a storage facility on Charonne Road.

Firefighters say a man was doing maintenance work on his motor home when he accidentally started the fire.

"He was working on the engine," says Lt. Trevor Leseigne of the East Valley Fire Department, "It back fired and started the gas can that was near.  He ran to the back of the motor home to look for a fire extinguisher. There was none and he barely got out of the side door before the fire walked down the motor home."

The man suffered some minor burns on his arm.  Two motor homes and a trailer were destroyed.  Another trailer also had damage.  Total losses are estimated at $50,000.