Yakima, WASH - A man is in critical condition after an explosion in West Valley. It happened on the 300th block of Bowers Road. Neighbors say they heard a loud explosion and then screaming. The victim was replacing a gas line in the house he was living in when a propane tank exploded, causing the house to catch fire.
A neighboor across the street describes the victim when he saw him laying outside.
"His shirt was half way burned off of him, his hair was all burned off, it looked like he may have had rubber gloves on or it could've been his skin hanging loose on his arms and hands," says Gary Yager.
The victim suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body. He was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition late Thursday night from Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital.