How To Get Your 2006 Tax Refund From The IRS - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

How To Get Your 2006 Tax Refund From The IRS

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash. - If you live in Washington state and didn't receive your 2006 tax refund. The Internal Revenue Service is waiting to give it to you.  

There are 2,880 people in Washington state who already claimed their 2006 tax refund, but when the IRS tried to mail it out. It got sent back.

43 of those people are in Yakima, 28 in Kennewick, 25 in Pasco, and 6 in Richland, just to name a few.   

If you think you didn't get a refund, an IRS spokesperson said all you have to do is update your address with the IRS.  

"Once we know that address, where you're at. It's only 4-6 weeks to get that refund check," said Judy Monahan, IRS Seattle Office Spokesperson.  

You can update your address by either filing form 8822, calling the IRS assistance line at 1-800-829-3676, or do it online.

To get to the IRS website, go to our home page highlight the "News" tab with your cursor, click on "On Air Links" in the drop menu, then click on "IRS Refunds".