3 children die in Grant County of carbon monoxide - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

3 children die in Grant County of carbon monoxide

Posted:

EPHRATA, Wash. (AP) - The Grant County sheriff's office says three children died of carbon monoxide poisoning last night near Royal City.

They were overcome by fumes from a gas-powered generator used to power an electrical heater.

They were found by their parents when they returned from work.

The children -- a four-month-old baby, a 2-year-old and an 8-year-old -- were declared dead by emergency responders.

A 13-year-old sister and a 21-year-old cousin were taken to a hospital in serious condition.

Power was out in the area called Smyrna, which is five miles south of Royal City.

 

 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/