Fire on Fair Avenue - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire on Fair Avenue

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A fire this morning on Fair Avenue has been ruled accidental.

Crews from Yakima and West Valley were called to the scene at about 7:25 AM. A residential structure that was being used for storage was on fire. The owner, Tex Moore, had just lit a heater and was getting ready to do some work in the building. He tried to put the fire out himself.

"I ran into the house, turned on the bath tub, threw a plastic bucket in there and as soon as that thing could fill up I ran back out there" says Moore. " I opened the door and whoof, that's when I singed my eyebrows. I had enough sense to get back."

Investigators estimate the damage at $35,000.

For more information, contact