House Fire in Moxee - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

House Fire in Moxee

Posted:

MOXEE, Wash. -- A home on Morrier Lane was severely damaged by a fire Tuesday afternoon.

Crews from Yakima and Selah responded to the fire at about 3 o'clock.

The family who lives there was not home at the time. A driver passing by saw smoke and called 9-1-1.

The owners of the house had some livestock fenced in near the home, but none of the animals were hurt.

Fire crews say the fire is not suspicious, and that it may have started because of a faulty stove pipe toward the back of the house.

aaron.cagwin@kndo.com

HD DOPPLER 6i
/