Celebrate with the people you love
By Lauren Brown
Provided by WorldNow
This time of year, you're bound to see happy couples, bouquets of roses and diamond rings everywhere you turn. You can't open a magazine or walk into a store without being bombarded by the pink hearts and red cupids. This may be fine if you're in love, but what if you're not?
Falling in love and finding a companion can be one of the great joys in life, but it is not the only one.
So if you're not in a relationship, remember that boyfriends and girlfriends, even husbands and wives can come and go. It is often our families and friends who are with us for the long haul. Or maybe a teacher, your co-workers, or a volunteer group make you feel connected to what is important in your life. Whoever these people may be, honor them this Valentine's Day.
Here are some great ways to celebrate the holiday with the special people in your life, no matter who they are:
- Have a dinner party. Ask everyone to bring their favorite dish and enjoy an evening of good food and even better company.
- Take a trip. Head to a museum, go wine tasting or venture out to a karaoke bar. Find an activity that celebrates your shared interests.
- Make a gift. Put together a photo album or scrapbook that illustrates your favorite memories together. Include photographs, ticket stubs and brochures of time spent together.
- Write a note. Sometimes the best way to communicate your love is through a piece of writing. You'll be surprised at how much the recipient appreciates your kind words.
- Play a game. Cards or a board game is a great way to spend a fun, low-key evening.