Yakima Home Saved by Neighbor - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Yakima Home Saved by Neighbor

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash - A Yakima man is credited for saving a house from a fire that firefighters say could've done some damage.

Firefighters were trying to figure Tuesday why a planter caught fire outside of a home on the 1400 block of South 24th Avenue.  Part of the outside of the house was burned, but it was the quick thinking of a neighbor across the street that stopped the fire from spreading.

"I saw the big flames of the fire.  I then ran and put my hose on it," says Mahmood Kahn.

The woman who owns the house was not home when the fire started.  Firefighters are calling it accidental, but don't know the exact cause.  Damage is estimated at $1,000.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/