Apartment Fire Started in Kitchen - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Apartment Fire Started in Kitchen

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash.-- The Kennewick Fire Department says the fire started in the kitchen. One of the stoves was left on.

The blaze started around 10:00p.m. Friday night at Central Park apartments on West 7th. Place. 29-year-old Crystal Swenson rents the apartment, but she wasn't home when the fire started.

Several people living in the complex got out without any injuries. Swenson says she thought she turned the stove off before she left.

This morning, Swenson saw all that was left of her home.

"It's a really big shock. I just saw it now, so I don't even know what I'm going to do, the couches exploded, the whole living room is gone up in flames and I don't know," said Swenson.

When Swenson arrived home Friday night, fire crews were still at the scene. She says Kennewick police didn't let her get close to the area.

Officers say they had to handcuff Swenson because she was intoxicated. But Swenson says she wasn't under the influence.

Kennewick police ended up driving her to a friends house where she spent the night. If you'd like to help Swenson, you can call 509-586-2426.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/