Shop Next To A Home Burns and Destroys Classic Car Wednesday Night - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Shop Next To A Home Burns and Destroys Classic Car Wednesday Night

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash. - Fire tore through a shop next to a Kennewick house on Wednesday night.  The fire completely destroyed almost everything that was stored inside the shop.

Gray smoke filled the air on South Fir Street as firefighters were battling the flames.

It happened at 8:30 p.m.  The homeowner, Barbara Rice said her husband was restoring a 1979 Corvette that was kept inside the shop.  It was completely burned and she said they do not have insurance on the car.  The shop does have insurance.

Rice said her husband used the shop to work on his classic car and reload his guns.  Neighbors who were walking by were even asking about the car after they saw smoke pouring out of the shop.

The homeowner was very upset but said she is glad no one was hurt.  

Wednesday night the fire department did not know the cause of the fire.  They said the shop was locked when the fire broke out but they said it does not appear to be suspicious.

Now the case is under investigation.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/