Sonics Evaluate Draft Talent, Schultz Adds to Lawsuit - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Sonics Evaluate Draft Talent, Schultz Adds to Lawsuit

Posted: Updated:

SEATTLE (AP) - Sonics General Manager Sam Presti says he would
have loved to win the first spot in the NBA lottery, but the team
will add a quality player with the fourth pick in the draft.
Seattle also has a second first-round pick, the 24th, plus four
second-round selections.
Presti says the team is evaluating the talent available for the
June 26 draft.
It's going to be a busy June. The city of Seattle's lawsuit is
scheduled to begin June 16. The city is trying to force the team to
play two more years in the Key Arena before it moves to Oklahoma City at the behest of its new owners.
Former Sonics owner Howard Schultz has added
"breach of contract" to his lawsuit against new owners.
The amendment added yesterday to the federal court lawsuit says
new owner Clay Bennett failed to use "good faith best efforts"
for 12 months to make an arena deal in the Seattle area. Schultz
says Bennett pushed a $500 million arena plan that he knew would be
unacceptable.
Bennett and fellow owners from Oklahoma City bought the team in
2006 for $350 million. Bennett says he tried to make a deal for a
new arena but Seattle and state officials failed to support it.
The lawsuit originally filed last month also accuses Bennett of
"negligent misrepresentation." It seeks to have the NBA franchise
placed in a trust to transfer to Seattle owners.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/