GRANDVIEW, Wash-A fire destroys a processing building in Grandview.
The building was owned by a potato processing company called Wild River and Foods.
The fire started at 9am after an electrical panel shorted out. Firefighters were unable to get into the building until the power was disconnected, causing the small electrical fire to spread throughout the 100,000 square foot building.
40 to 50 firefighters from the upper and lower valley fire departments were called to the fire. Firefighters say they will continue to fight the fire well into the night.
The building is completely lost leaving 140 employees displaced.
The Mayor of Grandview says there is now going to be a huge drop in their revenues.
Fortunately, the building is insured and the owners are now looking at their options.
Even though the building is a loss for everyone in Grandview the Mayor says, "I'm sure we'll get through it but it will be tough on citizens in Grandview."