SILVERDALE, Wash. (AP) - Beauty bark that somehow fell into a hotel's ventilation system and caught fire is being blamed for smoke that filled parts of the hotel and led to the evacuation of about 130 guests.
No injuries were reported from Saturday afternoon's two-alarm blaze.
The guests of the Oxford Suites Hotel were able to return to their rooms after the building was checked.
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Theresa MacLennan says smoke traveled through the building's heating and air-conditioning system. She says how the beauty bark caught on fire is under investigation.