Early Morning House Fire Leaves One Dog Dead - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Early Morning House Fire Leaves One Dog Dead

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash. - A woman's pet is dead after a fire breaks out in a Kennewick apartment early Thursday Morning.

It happened on the second floor of the Highland Terrace Apartments on West Hood Avenue around 3:00 A.M.

The 55-year-old woman living there was at work at the time while her Springer Spaniel was trapped inside unable to get out.

"we found one dead dog, the occupant was not home and she's fine.  The apartment is a complete loss.  It's pretty much gutted inside," said Fire Chief Neal Hines with the Kennewick Fire Department.

Firefighters say the dog died from smoke inhalation.    

The apartment below suffered minor water damage as firefighters dowsed the flames.  Other neighboring apartments received some smoke damage.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/