Kennewick High School Evacuated Because of "Smoke Smell" - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kennewick High School Evacuated Because of "Smoke Smell"

Posted:

KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Kennewick High School was evacuated Monday morning after students smelled smoke in a classroom.

Firefighters from the Kennewick Fire Department swept the building and did not find anything. They said it was possibly some dust burning in the heating system. According to firefighters, that is a common occurence when the heat has not been turned on for several months.

The students were told to go to the high school's annex or the gym, but the evacuation only lasted 20 to 30 minutes.

 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/