Middle School Student Arrested For Passing Out Pain Killers
KENNEWICK, Wash-- A student is arrested for passing out prescription pain killers. This student is a 13 year-old boy. Monday, he was caught passing out Hydrocodone Pills in the boy's restroom.
At about 8 o'clock Monday morning Highland Middle School's Security Officer heard a group of boys in the restroom. They were supposed to be in class. When the officer went in to get them out he noticed they had the pills.
Kennewick Police were called to the middle school and placed him under arrest. Police say he took the pills from his mother's medicine cabinet. The parents were not home when he took the pills.
"Keep those things under lock and key. Know where they are and be accountable for them because kids know. First of all, they know what they'll do and that's get them high. Secondly, they got pretty good street value. So if their into wanting to sell or trade on the open street market they know it's got value," said Sgt. Ken Lattin, Kennewick Police Department.
Police say they were surprised that someone at this young of an age would be involved in dealing pain killers. Most of these students have been through the D.A.R.E. Program and know the dangers of these drugs.
Hydrocodone can cause severe allergic reactions, even seizures.