The House of a Pasco Family Catches Fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

The House of a Pasco Family Catches Fire

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash. - The home of a family of 8 caught fire in Pasco.

It happened just before 5 p.m. Sunday at a house on North 19th Drive near I-182.

Members of the Soto family, who live in the home, say it started when a light bulb used as a heater in the dogs kennel out back fell, catching the carpet on fire.

"I guess it started on fire when the light bulb fell and got all the blankets on fire. Then it spread and got the dog house on fire too," said 15-year-old Adan Soto.

The dog house was up against the back wall of the home. The fire spread up the wall and into the attack.

Adan and his mother both told me they'll be staying with family. Firefighters tell me the house is reparable, and luckily the Soto's have home insurance.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/