Firefighters Investigate Home Fire In Pasco Thursday Night - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Firefighters Investigate Home Fire In Pasco Thursday Night

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash. - An investigation opened Thursday night into what caused a fire at a home in Pasco.

Firefighters rescued a cat from the burning home.  They gave the cat oxygen and it is believed to be okay.

It happened at 823 Elm Street in Pasco just after six o'clock.  No one was hurt.

Firefighters said the home had serious damage. 

The owner was called at work and rushed home to find his house burned.

Firefighters said it started near a space heater but they don't know yet if that was the cause.

Pasco Fire Captain John Blair said, "I hope people are cautious when they use space heaters. I'm not saying that's the cause, but when you use a space heater you've got to make sure it's not up against the walls, drapes, or furniture or anything like that. You've got to be very careful."

They said the space heater was located between the living room and bedroom.

Investigators will be out on the scene Friday looking for more clues on how it started.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/