Road to Reopening
Celebrating Beyond the Classroom Champions
Join me, Monty Webb and Numerica Credit Union, as we surprise and honor some of the most amazing people from who are helping to prepare our Tri-Cities public school students for bright futures.
Communities in Schools Benton-Franklin Site Coordinators are experts who partner with our teachers to support kids based on their academic, health and family needs that often go beyond the classroom. Site Coordinators connect kids and their families to critical resources such as health care, counseling, food, clothing, school supplies to help them succeed.
Numerica Credit Union and KNDU are recognizing these awesome Beyond the Classroom Champions, each month during the school year, when KNDU’s favorite morning Meteorologist Monty Webb will visit a deserving Site Coordinator to recognize and thank them for their hard work during KNDU's morning news broadcast. .
The deadline to submit “Beyond the Classroom” nomination forms is the last Monday of each month. The Numerica Credit Union committee will review applications, select the winner of the month, and show up at the school for a surprise award!
We encourage students, teacher and parents to submit nomination forms for their favorite deserving coordinators.
Currently in Kennewick
- Benton and Franklin Counties were approved to move to modified Phase 1
- City of Pasco emergency order to help local restaurants with outdoor seating guidelines in Phase 1.5
- Guide to firework regulations in Benton and Franklin Counties
- Let Freedom Ring Warbirds will be flying over towns here in the northwest
- Washington driver license extends expiration date deadlines again
- 4th of July Protest in Richland
- Tri-Cities salons and restaurants return in Modified Phase 1
- Whitman college voices concern over Walla Walla PD officer's tattoo
- Large rock slide blocks Highway 95 in Central Idaho
- Yakima County approves Modified Phase 1 Reopening Plan; Awaits WA State Health Secretary to put it in effect