...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 9 PM PDT
* WHAT...High Temperatures of 97 to 101.
* WHERE...In Washington, Lower Columbia Basin of Washington and
Eastern Columbia River Gorge of Washington. In Oregon, Lower
Columbia Basin of Oregon and Eastern Columbia River Gorge of
* WHEN...From noon today to 9 PM PDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures may cause heat illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Temperatures will be slightly cooler
Tuesday through Thursday before very hot temperatures return at
the end of the week.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when
possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.