The federal government is threatening to sue Washington state to block new legislation that helps workers at a former nuclear weapons production site win more compensation claims for illnesses.
The burrowing owl, a candidate for listing as a threatened or endangered species in Washington state, now has a better chance of survival.
For nearly 5 hours this morning several Hanford employees had to take cover after workers discovered steam coming from Purex Tunnel 2 while filling it.
Currently in Kennewick
More Hanford News
- School Closures & Delays: Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Idaho viewer stumbles upon rare "snow rollers" in Worley area
- Motorist stops to help disabled vehicle; gets robbed at knifepoint
- Police: Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house
- Family: Teen girl dies after playing dangerous choking game
- Police: Man traveled to have sex with underage girl
- Over 1,600 cows dead as winter storm pummels Yakima Valley farms
- Local 4x4 club helps hospital employees
- "Snowpocalypse" Slideshow 2019
- Inslee, Ferguson, McMorris Rodgers statements on President Trump's emergency declaration