The plant that produced two-thirds of the nation’s Cold War-era plutonium no longer exists.
The state of Washington has issued a $1 million fine to a federal nuclear weapons production site for restricting access to critical data.
Thursday, Dec. 12, the U.S. Department of Energy awarded the Central Plateau Cleanup Contract that will provide a variety of services at the Hanford Site, to Central Plateau Cleanup Company LLC located in Aiken, SC.
Currently in Kennewick
More Hanford News
- Minor Arrested After Stabbing Her Father in Kennewick
- Feb.19th school closures & delays
- Local woman 'breaks' into business with chocolate hearts
- Kennewick restaurant owner reacts to Phase 2 reopening
- UPDATE: Community Comes Up Big for Local Soccer Team Stuck in Texas
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank reveal son's name
- Police locate missing six-year-old boy, 16-year-old brother arrested for kidnapping
- AMC announces AMC CLASSIC Kennewick 12 to open Feb. 26
- Umatilla County infant with underlying medical conditions has died with COVID-19
- Walla Walla County berry farm must pay $350,000 over sexual assault, harassment of farm workers