Bechtel National, Inc., has awarded contracts valued at nearly $37.8 million to Petersen, Inc., to supply engineered stainless-steel containers and a spare melter for Hanford’s Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant, or Vit Plant.
The plant that produced two-thirds of the nation’s Cold War-era plutonium no longer exists.
Currently in Kennewick
85°F / 55°F
More Hanford News
- It's always good to double check! Sunnyside man is $2.7 Million richer today after winning the the Lotto
- New information surfaces about the disappearance of Sofia Juarez
- Boater finds truck in the Columbia River that was stolen 5 years ago
- UPDATE: Kennewick Police arrest suspects after 9 people shot with a BB gun, including a 5-year old girl
- Human remains found in rural Benton County
- Benton County Doctor's license has been suspended for sexual misconduct
- 2 students, 1 custodian shot at Idaho middle school, male student in custody
- Viral TikTok Video Amongst New Leads for Sofia Juarez Case
- City of Richland sees an increase of illegal motorized vehicle activity on park land
- Peloton recalls treadmills, halts sales, after a child dies