The state of Washington has issued a $1 million fine to a federal nuclear weapons production site for restricting access to critical data.
Thursday, Dec. 12, the U.S. Department of Energy awarded the Central Plateau Cleanup Contract that will provide a variety of services at the Hanford Site, to Central Plateau Cleanup Company LLC located in Aiken, SC.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Yesterday, during an Energy and Commerce Full Committee markup, Representative Greg Walden (R-Hood River), the Republican Leader of the committee, led efforts to advance legislation that would ensure nuclear waste stored at Hanford can be cleaned up and stored off-site in …
Currently in Kennewick
More Hanford News
- 'It was almost like we were saying goodbye': Sonic workers ate together before shooting
- Kennewick restaurant owner pleads for customers to keep supporting local businesses
- US Marshals Task Force arrests fugitive, recovers missing children from 2012 in Coeur d'Alene
- Kennewick Police respond to gunshots on N Steptoe
- Woman sets fire and uses chainsaw to cut through wall after claiming to rescue missing child, police say
- KPD Investigating Hit-and-Run
- Tri-City Bible Bookstore closing in December
- Benton-Franklin Counties send letter to Governor Inslee about new COVID-19 restrictions
- Kittitas County COVID-19 contact tracing and disease investigation prioritizes high case volume
- Local restaurants struggle with second shutdown