FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash.-

Franklin County Sheriff's Deputies and fire crews responded to the area of Janet and Road 52 early in the morning of November, 22, for a reported shop fire.

Shop fire on Janet and Rd 52

According to Franklin County Fire District #3, the person living in the shop had no electricity, so they drove to the station to report the fire.

District #3 Fire Chief Mike Harris says the person living in the shop told the operator that they had been using a gas heater for warmth.

"We're assuming it was a gas heater that ignited. Look at the amount of damage. We haven't gotten in there to take a look at it yet, but his only source of heat, there is no power, was a gas heater," said Chief Harris.

Franklin County Fire District #3 would like to once again remind everyone to be careful when using heat lamps and portable heaters during the cold weather months.