KENNEWICK, WA- The Port of Kennewick met Tuesday to give an update on the Vista Field Project and Columbia Gardens project.
The Vista Field project is a 103-acre former aviation airfield that is being converted into a town center for new buildings as well as to establish another roadway. There is still work to be done but all the utilities have been installed and most of the roadway and sidewalks are completed. Barring extreme amounts of snow this project is expected to be finished in March.
The Columbia Gardens project is nearly complete. A new building has been finished in the area and two new wineries, Gordon Estate winery and Cave B Estate winery are set to move in.
The port also voted two to one in favor of partnering with the city of Richland for a project to revitalize the Columbia Park Trail. The revitalization would go from the Ben Franklin Transit station to the Reach Museum.
The Port of Kennewick is investing $80,000 into this project. The goal of the project is to promote economic development and create better recreational access for its users.
...RAIN...BREEZY WINDS...COOLER TEMPERATURES ARE POSSIBLE FOR THIS WEEKEND... .A vigorous weather system may affect north central Oregon and south central Washington this weekend and bring the seasons first significant rain to portions of the area along with breezy winds. A cool front is expected to move across the area Friday night with developing rain showers along with breezy winds into Saturday. With increasing confidence some locations could receive over a quarter inch of rain especially in the area mountains. Any outdoor festivities should keep aware of the possible changing weather conditions as the weekend nears including any updates to the weather forecast.
Currently in Kennewick
76°F / 60°F
- What You Need To Know About Pets & Toxic Algae
- Walla Walla corrections officer arrested, alleged member of violent motorcycle gang
- FALSE: Inslee denied all WSP employees' vaccine exemption requests
- Kittitas School District may shut down due to outbreak
- Naches has the worst air quality in the U.S., according to the National Weather Service
- Officials: Oregon infant dies from COVID-19 complications
- Pasco kid who falsely called 911 for a school shooting is not facing any charges yet
- WA State troopers, other workers sue over vaccine mandate
- Pasco Bulldogs Show Support For Mourning Football Player
- Man Dies In Crash Near Waitsburg Early Saturday Morning
Sign up to get breaking news, weather forecasts, and more in your email inbox.