(StatePoint) Plastics are an increasingly widespread pollutant, according to environmental experts, harming ecosystems and wildlife as well as endangering human health. One of the largest worldwide industries driving this crisis -- the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector which offers su…
(StatePoint) With a growing number of homeowners looking to save money on power bills and help the environment, rooftops across America are taking on a new look, as more homes are dotted with solar panels. But itâ€™s important to ask the right questions before installing them on your home.
(NAPSI)—While schools continue to teach reading, writing and arithmetic, the blueprint for educators is shifting as teachers notice the value of hands-on science education. Many schools are bringing science to their own backyards—literally—by developing gardens and pollinator plots, where st…
(BPT) - While office managers are often the biggest champions for keeping their offices environmentally friendly, many may not be aware that being eco-friendly now goes far beyond recycling bins and reusable water bottles.
(NAPSI)—If you’re not careful, an innocent trip to the post office could have a devastating impact on U.S. agriculture, economy and natural resources. That’s because invasive pests can easily hide in fruits and vegetables and on plants, then quickly spread to new areas when sent through the mail.
(StatePoint) Did you know that the choices your local grocery store makes can have a global impact on the environment? From the types and brands of seafood sold to the way foods are packaged and carried out of the store, oceans worldwide are affected by the operations of grocers near you.
(StatePoint) You may not realize it, but thereâ€™s a lot of plastics in water -- both in the water you drink, as well as in rivers, lakes and oceans.
Currently in Kennewick
- Kittitas County deputy killed in shootout with suspect
- Sheriff Knezovich responds to AG's letter regarding I-1639
- Family suing Kennewick School District after son dies from exercise-induced asthma attack
- Colorado hotel apologizes after military personnel denied service by bar employees
- Twin girls who were starved and tortured suing state of WA for negligence
- Washington woman who shoved friend off bridge pleads guilty
- Slight change to school hours to save district $400,000 annually in transportation costs
- New York couple welcomes 15-pound miracle baby
- Kittitas County Sheriff Killed in Line of Duty
- 19-year-old man sentenced to 36 years in prison for 2017 Fourth of July murder