Ryan Lee in court


Ryan Lee is free again. According to the Spokesman-Review, the student accused three separate times of threatening to shoot students at Lewis and Clark High School – is again out of custody after posting a six-figure bond.

Late Monday evening, Lee posted $300,00 in bail. 

Lee was arrested on Friday on accusations that he used the internet, which is in violation of court order. 


The man accused of making a series of Instagram posts threatening to shoot up Lewis and Clark High School  faced a judge Monday afternoon for at least the third time in the last nine months.

 Lee has been in and out of jail since June 2018, when he was initially arrested for making the threats. He was most recently arrested Friday, March 8, for violating the conditions of his release.

Lewis and Clark school shooting threat suspect back in jail

One of Lee's conditions of release was that he stay away from social media but in court documents filed Monday, Spokane Police say they believe Lee has been using social media, specifically Instagram, as recently as January.

 In the documents, police say there's also evidence he worked to cover his digital tracks. They've requested a judge's permission to search his cell phone and computer. Police have also asked to allow an FBI Digital Forensics expert to assist them in the investigation.

 Lee is now in the Spokane County Jail on a $300,000 bond.


SPOKANE, Wash. - The man accused of sending texts threatening violence and murder to a Lewis & Clark High School student is back behind bars at the Spokane County Jail.

Ryan Lee was arrested Friday, March 8, according to the Spokane County Jail Roster. He's facing the same charges as before, threats to kill and communicating with a minor for immoral purposes.

Lee has been in and out of the Spokane County Jail since his initial arrest last year. In January, he was arrested again and held on a $1 million bond.

Prosecutors believe Lee is responsible for not only sending disturbing texts online to one Lewis & Clark student, they say he also used a fake Instagram account to threaten to shoot up the school on several different occasions.

That led to weeks of increased police presence at Lewis & Clark and hundreds of students called in sick toward the end of the year, fearing the school shooting threat may be real.

Lee was booked into jail just after 1:00 p.m. Friday. He's expected to make a court appearance on these latest charges Monday.

Recommended for you