Join us, Numerica Credit Union, the Greater Columbia Accountable Community of Health and KIOK Radio as we bring you the #ShineThrough for Seniors Telethon. Wednesday August 5th from 6a-6p we’ll be broadcasting and raising money for seniors in our community. Our goal is to raise $15,000 to purchase specially designed care packages for every single senior living in a Tri-Cities assisted living facility.
Today, almost fourteen hundred seniors are living in locked-down assisted living facilities in the Tri-Cities. COVID-19 has separated them from their loved ones and friends and that social isolation is especially hard on our seniors’ physical, emotional and mental health. Residents are coping with social isolation, and the staff of these facilities are challenged to keep residents busy and active. Both populations are bearing the mental strain of protecting the most vulnerable from exposure to the virus. Activity directors have asked for games, crafts, and other activities for residents of these facilities to help them stay active, engaged and health
We’re seeking donations to purchase and deliver these specially designed activity packages including fun themes such as beach vacation, 1950s diner, roaring 1920s, craft heaven, tic-tac-toe, bingo, technology and bowling! Help us make sure that every senior in a Tri-Cities assisted living facility receives a package.
One hundred percent of your gift will benefit 21 assisted living facilities with almost 1400 residents in the Tri-Cities community. Specially designed activity packages will be delivered to help socially isolated seniors stay connected and engaged and have fun.
For more information on seniors in isolation click on any of the links below:
- Social isolation: The COVID-19 Pandemic’s Hidden Health Risk for Older Adults, and How to Manage It
- Loneliness and Social Isolation Linked to Serious Health Conditions
- The Dangers of Senior Loneliness and Isolation
- Social Isolation, Loneliness In Older People Pose Health Risks
- What is isolation?
Currently in Kennewick
59°F / 38°F
- Pasco woman launches pop-up picnic business
- COVID-19 Vaccine update at the Kennewick Mass Vaccination site
- Walla Walla County berry farm must pay $350,000 over sexual assault, harassment of farm workers
- Two teens hospitalized after gang-related shootings in Yakima
- Rite Aid COVID-19 vaccination appointments available in Yakima
- Pasco Police Say They Have Responded to Seven Overdose Deaths in 2021
- One man dead, other in critical condition after domestic disturbance turned shooting in Benton County
- WA Supreme Court rules state drug possession law ‘unconstitutional,' ruling police can no longer arrest for unintentional simple possession of narcotics
- Domino's hosts fundraiser for delivery driver that was shot while delivering pizza
- Comments made in online video event leads to Mariners' CEO resigning